About the Firm
Dedicated Bankruptcy Law Firm Representing Atlanta Residents and Businesses
Experienced Georgia attorney providing debt relief solutions and upholding creditors’ rights since 1981
At my firm, George M. Geeslin, I draw on nearly three decades of experience to provide straightforward bankruptcy representation to individuals and businesses throughout Atlanta. I guide people and companies through bankruptcy filings to resolve their debt, and I also represent creditors who seek the payments they’re owed. By representing both sides, I am able to offer each a unique advantage. Whether you’re suffering under the weight of crippling debt or are looking to collect the monies you’re owed, I provide experienced, knowledgeable counsel dedicated to achieving the best financial solution.
Areas of Practice
Accomplished Georgia attorney offers debt solutions
I guide individual and business clients in Atlanta through bankruptcy
and also represent creditors’ rights in these and other matters. Depending on your specific situation, I can advise you on the best option for resolving debt:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — For individual clients with few assets to sell or businesses seeking to cease operations and liquidate their assets, filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy can provide protection from creditors and provide a fresh start.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy — This chapter allows for reorganization and is usually used by businesses who wish to continue operating while paying off creditors over time. Individual clients whose debts exceed certain limits or who have valuable assets may also benefit from a Chapter 11 filing.
- Fighting debt collections — If you are struggling with debt and facing legal actions and threats from creditors, it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side to fight collections. I can negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debts and spare you from foreclosure, repossession and other creditor actions.
- Bankruptcy litigation — My firm handles litigation involving fraudulent transfers of assets, debt restructuring plans, and other actions.
- Business bankruptcy — I assist businesses considering bankruptcy filings by negotiating directly with lenders to work out effective payment plans.
- Creditors’ rights — I advise creditors on the options available to collect payments owed them, which may involve loan workouts and actions taken during bankruptcy.
Whether you’re an individual struggling to make ends meet and seek relief through bankruptcy, or a business trying to stay solvent while collecting what you are owed, I offer experienced guidance and sound counsel.
Contact an experienced Atlanta bankruptcy lawyer
If you face financial hardships, there are legal remedies for relief through bankruptcy and other actions. Call George M. Geeslin in Atlanta at 404-476-3998 or contact me online
today for a free consultation.